Friday, August 17, 2007

Topeka KS :(

So this St. Louis Foodie has been stranded out in Topeka/Lawrence KS for the last 10 weeks... This past week, I am living in a hotel in Topeka. So, I thought I'd try some local cuisine.

And I use the word cuisine loosely...

Anyway, this foodie had her first food crisis. I learned that I am allergic to shellfish, which manifest itself with exercising... who knew!

Anyway, tried a local Italian restaurant: Paisano’s Ristorante. I was so disappointed. Not because it wasn't a good restaurant. But because it had the potential to be a GREAT restaurant, if they just changed a few things.

Fresh cracked pepper on salad... not that hard.
Have bread plates available when you bring out the bread stick, especially if you have olive oil on the table for dipping...
Bring out a spoon for spaghetti...
Offer dessert before offering the check...
Offer coffee if I am ordering dessert...

All little things... maybe I'm getting too snobby...

No comments: